Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Wheels that Drive our Lives

Since January, we've been keeping our eyes open for a newer car for Amanda. Her faithful Ford Taurus  that has served her well for many years is now on its last legs. Her family is definitely a Ford family. Her dad owns a Ford truck and a Mercury, and her mom drives a ford as well. Her sister and sister-in-law? Also Fords.

As for me, my family has a bigger mixture. Dad: Ford, Mom: Toyota for life, Tyler: Dodge now, but who knows later? I've ended up taking after my mom -- I drive a Toyota Yaris, and if I were to win the lottery, would happily stay in the Toyota family.

So what has it been like looking at vehicles with Amanda? Well, it mostly involves checking out used Fords while I excitedly point out any Toyota on the lot. I constantly joke that Amanda should get a newer version of my car so she can be cool like me. But she's a Ford fan.

So it looks like this Fehr household will have a multiple automotive personality disorder: Fords for the hydraulic shop and Toyotas for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment