Saturday, May 25, 2013

Art and Feeling Artistic

While we were at the West Edmonton Mall, Amanda and I stopped in at DeSerres. I love shopping at art stores like this. For the few minutes I'm in the store, I feel incredibly artistic and motivated to draw, sketch, paint, knit, and sculpt. It's an amazing feeling that far too often only lasts until I reach the outside of the store after paying for my new art supplies.

But the intent is always there. I'd love to draw and sketch on a regular basis, and even write my own webcomic someday. I really enjoy painting and I spend far too much time considering the oil paints available and what I'd use them for. On this trip, I ended up with a few new tubes of paint (sadly, one that duplicated a colour I already had in that particular brand), and some sketching pens in various colours. On the way home I used them to sketch the scene I saw while Amanda was driving. It turned out fairly okay, but I really haven't done much with the pens since.

The paints, unfortunately, have just been put with my other painting supplies until the day Amanda and I have a place where I have room to paint. It's okay though -- I'm enjoying my daydreams about the landscape I could paint with the new colours I picked up.

Oh yeah. Amanda and I took a photo of us kissing outside of DeSerres. I think it turned out pretty good, especially since I managed to get the logo in frame as well to show exactly where we took this photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment