Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Raptors are Coming

Amanda took me out tonight to see the re-release of Jurassic Park in 3D. We've been talking about going to see it for a few weeks, and tonight we finally managed to do it. It was great. I've seen the movie many times, but it was always on a VHS tape, and I hadn't watched it in years. I laughed, flinched, and held Amanda's hand tighter at all the right moments, and I was surprised at the effect the movie had on me.

Now, for any re-release like this, there's always the question of how well the movie has held up. In this case, Jurassic Park held up admirably. There were a few moments that dated the movie ("it's an interactive CD-ROM!"), and a few pieces of dialogue that were firmly rooted in the early 1990s. It wasn't so much the specific words or slang that was used -- just the general tone of a few conversations.

At any rate, the 3D conversion was done well, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment