Sunday, June 16, 2013

Book Review: Inferno - Dan Brown

I recently finished Dan Brown's newest book: Inferno. I was an enormous fan of The Da Vinci Code. I picked it up used while on a trip, and was so enthralled that I stayed up far too late reading regardless of the exam I had to write the next morning. Even now when pick up The Da Vinci Code to re-read it, I find myself a little spellbound.

Then The Lost Symbol was published, and I was disappointed. The importance of the secret object(s) seemed overblown, and it annoyed me how things switched between a plot-based tchotchke being metaphorical and literal and then back again.

Inferno took a similar step backwards from the level of The Da Vinci Code. The big conspiracy could have been resolved with a short conversation, the ending was underwhelming, and the book as a whole seemed very preachy. In short, I was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment