Saturday, August 24, 2013

Staff Parties

The Library's staff barbecue was tonight, and Amanda and I were there. It was a lot of fun, as we had a handful of people who all wandered over to see the bling on our hands from getting married. Most of them agreed that my ring is nice (I prefer the word "spiffy"), and that Amanda's ring is beautiful.

It's always kind of weird getting together with one of our groups of co-workers like that. One of us is really familiar and at-ease with the group, while the other is a little more on the outside of things. Next week, we'll be changing roles when we attend the staff golfing day for Amanda's shop. Luckily, I know at least two of her co-workers reasonably well (her dad and brother), so as long as I'm grouped up with Amanda, her dad, or her brother, I'll have someone to visit with throughout the day. ...That said, Amanda and I may have to cheat so that we're in the same grouping. I've never gone golfing with her before, and I'd really like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment