Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Quiet Life

I thought once the wedding was done, I'd be back to updating this blog regularly. The stress of preparing for the wedding would be off, and I'd have more spare time to pontificate about various topics. It hasn't quite worked out that way.

Amanda and I have quietly been enjoying married life the past week and a half since we returned from our honeymoon. We were both home the past two days (Amanda was sick, and I had taken the days off) and while Amanda slept, I've been getting things done.

Since I moved out here just over a year ago, our place has been a mess. Amanda had an apartment full of stuff, I had a condo full of stuff, and there was an awful lot to fit into one apartment. The first major improvement happened when we set up my desk and bookshelves in the living room. A bunch of the boxes we moved from my condo were emptied and recycled in fairly short order. But our place was still crowded. Then we rearranged the storage room and added more boxes to it, and rearranged things in the living room somewhat. In spite of it, things were still really cramped... Until yesterday.

Last weekend, I saw that Target had bookshelves on sale for an extremely good price. I talked to Amanda about them, and we picked up two of them Monday night. So I cleared some space on the living room floor and assembled the yesterday. One is in the living room where a much smaller bookshelf (now moved to our entryway) was, and the other is in our bedroom. I emptied six boxes onto the new shelves, loaded most of our board games into the smallest shelf, and at the end of the day, we actually have a decent living room again. It seems incredibly spacious to us, and feels much better while sitting in there.

So that's what we're up to lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment