Sunday, February 24, 2013

Books and Reading

Amanda and I both do a lot of reading. Lately she's been reading away with her iPad Mini or Kobo Mini while I've been working my way through the library's collection. I'm reading the Legacy of the Force Star Wars series and just finished a fantastic non-fiction book. It was Instant: the story of Polaroid by Christopher Bonanos. I can't recommend the book enough. I was an incredibly fast read, and I learned a lot about Polaroid in the process.

I love books that teach me about the major companies of the world, particularly those that have fallen on hard times or disappeared entirely. I've read books on Apple, Microsoft, Ford, Lehman Brothers, Bear Sterns, and Southwest Airlines. I've devoured books about the origin and development of the 747, Windows NT, and the Volkwagen Beetle. I love books about these topics, and I'm always happy to find a new one. What's next on my list? I'm not sure, but if it's good, I might write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment