Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sick Again

I hate being sick. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

It's not just the illness itself -- I can handle a few days of feeling lousy. It's everything around being sick that bugs me. I don't like that I may be getting others sick, and everything related to work and being sick makes life much harder.

If I call in sick, I make my voice sound worse until it matches how badly I feel -- not to mislead anyone, but to try to convey how I'm feeling by sound alone.

I dislike having to go to my boss after I've been at work an hour to say I'm feeling lousy. I feel stupid, and worry that my boss will wonder if I'm too dumb to just stay home.

Here's the thing. I hate being sick so much, yet I have sick days at my job, and even if I didn't, Amanda and I would be able to manage well enough financially. In other words, I have two safety nets, and even with them, I still hate being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment