Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Flowers... Oh God, the flowers...

So, I spent most of today on the couch beside Amanda while she researched, pondered, looked at, and talked about floral arrangements for the wedding.  If I'm being honest, I completely lost track of the converstaion at times as to the merits of one kind of centerpiece vase over another, whether silk orchids would work okay with real flowers, and how many and what size of peacock feathers would be needed for Amanda's bouquet and the other arrangements.

In there was also a brief discussion about the boutonnieres.  I figured my brother and I would just be wearing simple white carnations (Amanda's favourite flower).  Done.  But other options have presented themselves, making what I thought would be a very simple decision into a more complicated one.

So we were on the couch for hours while images of orchids, carnations, and assorted feathers flashed by on an iPad's screen.  Then after our (really great afternoon walk), we returned for more of the same.

This morning, I had two people telling me to quit stressing out about the wedding.  Since then, I've been brought further into the flower loop -- something that, while I know it's our wedding and we decide stuff together, I sort of thought Amanda would figure out and I would say "Yes dear." :-)

*sigh* How long until I'm married and our wedding day is past?

(I'm mostly kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment