Sunday, November 11, 2012

Reception Distinction

Earlier tonight, I was talking with Amanda's family about our wedding.  At one point, her dad asked "What do you need me to do?"

I said "Show up and don't get too drunk."

He said "Whoa whoa whoa, I was fine with the first part of that, but the second...?"

He was joking of course, but it sort of points to what a reception is.  For Amanda and me, it'll be our first evening together as a married couple in front of our friends and family.  For them though, it's a party to celebrate our marriage.  Because we're the ones getting married, of course we think that our perspective on the reception should be the important one.

That said, we're only two attendees, and everyone else will be taking time out of their lives to come.  One of the books we purchased about wedding planning specifically commented that your wedding guests *are* guests and should be treated as such.  So what does that mean?

Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment