Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Skyfall

Amanda and I went to see Skyfall tonight.

It was awesome.

I had my doubts for a little bit in the beginning, but it turned into a great movie and was worthy of Daniel Craig's other Bond outings.

The Good
  • Gritty, down to earth Bond again -- Daniel Craig and the filmmakers of the last three James Bond movies have nailed this.
  • Interesting plot with M as the target rather than Bond or someone/something else.
  • Q and his throwaway line about what Bond expected from him -- awesome reference to Goldeneye.
  • Judy Dench as M going from dismissing Bond as a Cold War relic in Goldeneye to being (essentially) dismissed as one herself.
  • The ending.  My inner fanboy said the following:  "OMG, SQUEEEEEEEEE!"
The Bad
  • Could they have possibly shown more of Daniel Craig topless?  To be fair, I think this appeared very high in Amanda's list of the good points.
Oh, before I wrap this up, was anyone else reminded of some of Skyrim's landscapes during the scenes in Scotland?  Or is that just because Skyrim is on my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment