Thursday, November 22, 2012

Post Phone Call Blues

*Thoughtful and depressing blog post alert*

(Amanda and I are fine -- this is about a different person)

If you're here for laughs and cute photos of Amanda, you won't find them here today.  Feel free to jump down the page to the wonderful photo of us together while I was wearing my completed scarf!

You have been warned.


I gave a friend some advice today.  I listened to everything that was going on and told her "get out of there."

It wasn't domestic abuse or anything anywhere near that level of horribleness, but I got a pit in my stomach just the same as I heard what was going on.  It's incredibly hard to see two people you like have their relationship (working, romantic, or otherwise) crumble to the point of no return.

All I could do is listen, and then confirm that the behaviour being shown now is replaying a cycle I've seen as a spectator before, and commiserate.

My friend is a strong, intelligent person who I have an incredible amount of respect for, and I know that if anyone can, she'll find a way through this.  I just hope that whatever happens and wherever she is at the time, she's still able to come to Amanda and my wedding next year.

I talked to Amanda about the whole phone call, but I still had to get a little more of it off my chest.  Thanks for your patience, and hopefully tomorrow I'll write some kind of silly haiku about our shoe closet.



No comments:

Post a Comment