Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Guest List

One of the things Amanda and I still have to figure out for our wedding is the guest list.  I think I've mostly finished up my list, but there are a lot of maybes to resolve.  We'll be inviting my immediate family and grandparents and a few of my friends to sit on the right side of the aisle.  Beyond that, it gets trickier.

I'm definitely inviting my good friend who had me as a groomsman for his wedding.  I won't be returning the favour though, as it looks like Amanda and I will just have one person stand up alongside each of us.

Do I want to invite even older friends who, though I haven't talked to on a regular basis in a while, would probably be very happy to be invited?

Do I invite the cousins who were never a large part of my life (nor vice-versa) but who I like?

Should I make an effort to reach out to someone who has sort of blipped into my life now and then but who I have an amazing amount of respect for?

These are the questions that require answers -- and that's just for the groom's side!

No comments:

Post a Comment