Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Christmas Eve Morning!

Happy Christmas Eve Morning!

Today is my favourite day of the year.  I love Christmas Day, Canada Day, and my birthday, but Christmas Eve is the best.  Anticipation for Christmas is at its peak, and all the preparations are over (by necessity, if not reality).  The days are getting longer again, though imperceptibly, and it's hard for me to not be optimistic about the future.  Finally, there's looking forward to New Year's, only a week away.

All that said, there's a certain element of melancholy too.  After all the days and weeks of preparation and anticipation, there's a very real sense of how quickly it will be over.  In 48 hours, Boxing Day will be here, and Christmas will be a very long 364 days away.

So, I think I'll grab a glass of eggnog, maybe turn on some Christmas music, and carry on with gift wrapping or something else.

Merry Christmas everyone, from the Kissing Couple of Grande Prairie!

No comments:

Post a Comment