Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pressure Relief

The pressure is off.  On Sunday night I was getting incredibly stressed out about a final Christmas gift that wasn't coming together as I had hoped.  Amanda tried her best, but I couldn't be persuaded that life would somehow go on.

The next day I talked with someone at work whose relative was having major troubles, and it helped me gain some perspective.

Then last night, Amanda and I managed to get things all together, and I mailed out our gifts to my family this morning.  They should arrive on Friday.

So the pressure is off.  Other than wrapping gifts for Amanda's family, we're ready for Christmas!

We celebrated by trying a bottle of wine along with supper (stuffed chicken breasts, Kraft Dinner, and broccoli).  It wasn't good.  It was a bottle of wine from the Cupcake Vineyards in California and we weren't very impressed with it.  So we toasted, tasted, and poured most of it down the drain.

...but we did it cheerfully!  We're ready for Christmas.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment