Friday, April 26, 2013

The Things That Cheer Me Up

I wasn't in a great mood by the end of the day today. Work was mostly fine, except for one interaction with someone who blamed me for something that wasn't in any way my fault. So I was cranky after work until I saw a sign that causes me to look on the brighter side.

Then things changed. I wandered around a grocery store I'd never been to before, and was really impressed with its design and service, laughed at some of the products I saw for sale (notably a can of "gravy and meatballs"), and came out of there feeling much better. I ditched my plans to drop in on a payday-week-Friday get together for library staff and came home to see my favourite person.

So it doesn't always take much to turn around a bad mood. Sometimes it just takes a little inspiration and time spent appreciating the little things. Oh, the sign that turned things around and made me smile? It looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment