Sunday, August 19, 2012

Action-Packed Weekend

As you probably noticed, I did not write a blog post last night.  The reason is that Amanda and I left shortly after the Library staff barbecue to drive to Dawson Creek so that I could deposit a check into my old bank account there.  (long story as to why I couldn't do it here)

We got back to Grande Prairie about 1am and fell asleep pretty much as soon as we hit the pillows.  We slept in, and by the time we finished breakfast, did a little bit of running around (recharging laundry card, picking up a few groceries, and stopping by Future Shop), it was close to 3 and we were off to Amanda's sister's place for the afternoon for pizza and a movie.

The pizza was great, but the hunt through a field of wheat for an errant model rocket that left my eyes bloodshot and watering and me sneezing wasn't quite so much fun.

The evening was cut short -- there was a minor accident on the kids' water slide that resulted in a trip to the hospital, and I asked Amanda to drive us back home because my eyes were still bugging me.

In short, it was a memorable afternoon, but not for the reasons we'd normally hope for!

No comments:

Post a Comment