Friday, August 31, 2012

Ready for the Long Weekend

It's been a fantastic night.  Amanda and I were sitting on the floor, her in the entryway to our apartment, and me in the hallway, and we were talking about what a great afternoon/evening we'd had so far.

When Amanda and I got home from work, we headed right out again to go to the bank.  We were both happy to be seeing each other and happy that we were at the beginning of three days off, and were making jokes and laughing our butts off the entire time.

We stopped at the mall briefly so I could check on the price of something where we took this photo -- the first one we've taken in a few days!



Even straight from her job at a hydraulic shop, Amanda still was looking incredibly cute.

We went for supper at Arby's, and I was so hungry and enjoyed my curly fries so much that I forgot to dip them in horsey sauce like I normally do.  When we got home, we started pulling our camping stuff out of the storage room and I had an idea.  Since we'd already pulled out a fair amount of stuff from the storage room, it seemed like a good time to clean it out.

So I spent a while emptying, then re-loading the storage room.  In the process, I made enough room to fit *all* of my boxes that have been sitting in the hallway for the last six weeks along with everything that was already in there.  Our hallway seems so incredibly wide now!

While I was putting stuff back into the storage room, Amanda worked away at packing up the cans and bottles that had been stored in the room to get them ready to be recycled.

So we have a clean storage room, a clean, wide hallway, and probably thirty dollars worth of cans and bottles to return.

Now Amanda and I are sitting on the couch, watching an old Richard Pryor comedy routine on Netflix.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment