Thursday, January 10, 2013

Evaluation Time

I'm receiving my first evaluation at work tomorrow. It's weird, but I don't think I've ever received a proper one before. At the mill I worked at, it was mostly just a quick check that I was doing okay on safety stuff, and before that, I was working at summer jobs while I attended university.

When I worked at the library in Tumbler Ridge, we had evaluations on one occasion. I filled out a form with a few goals for the next year, walked into the managers office, and my evaluation basically consisted of her writing "Jacob is above average in all aspects. Excellent overall." On my form. That was it.

So I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a productive talk about what I'm doing well at and what I could be doing better. Worst case scenario, I sit and talk with my boss about how the GP Library and TR Library are different. Good times! (I hope)

Amanda basically said "You're doing a good job, aren't you? It should be fine then." And, like usual, she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment