Thursday, January 17, 2013

Newest Book

Amanda and I heard about Dan Brown's newest novel today. We'd both like to read it, but we had mixed feelings bout his previous books. I loved The DaVinci Code. I bought a used copy on a whim a few years after the book had come out and spent half the night reading it. I finally went to sleep very late only because I had an exam the next day and needed at least a few short hours of sleep.

After that, I was incredibly excited for The Lost Symbol. ...it wasn't the same. I didn't care about the penalty for failure (oh noes, people will see Masonic rituals out of context and see famously people participating...) The back and forth as to whether the keystone was a physical object or a metaphor for something else got old quickly too.

So we're both looking forward to Dan Brown's newest, but not without some concern. I guess we're cautiously optimistic... but not in the same way the Penny Arcade folks were a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment