Sunday, January 20, 2013

One Ring to Bind Us Together

Amanda bought my wedding ring today. We were at the mall and decided to stop by Ben Moss. That's where I bought Amanda's ring from, and it is also the place that had the two ring designs I liked for my wedding band. When Amanda and I were looking online at rings, she jokingly suggested that I either needed a ring with a lot of small diamonds (bling bling), a ring that had a design that looked vaguely Star Trek-ish, or one that was made of tungsten and had a tire tread pattern on it.

But there were two I liked. Amanda's ring is a mix of white gold and yellow gold, and I wanted something similar to match. One ring was yellow gold with a diagonal white gold pattern, and one was a ring with yellow gold on the outer edges and a band of white gold in the center. I waffled a fair bit over the decision, and more than once Amanda threatened to just go buy me the tire pattern ring. Well, a little bit before Christmas we were in the mall and I decided on the latter.

When we were there today, I tried on the ring they had in stock and it fit perfectly. Amanda and I looked at each other, and we decided that today was the day to check my ring off our wedding preparation list. We arrived home, and Amanda suggested I try on the ring again, and I took a photo of it on my hand. It's only just over six months until Amanda will be putting it on my finger for real at our wedding. And that thought puts a large smile on my face. :-)

That said, I can't help but think maybe I should've asked about getting a green lantern symbol on it, too... Then I could've promised in my wedding vows to love Amanda in brightest day and blackest night. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment