Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sandbox Shenanigans

Hi everyone!


This is the final photo Amanda and I took together last weekend.  On our way back to her apartment from the mall, I suggested we take a quick detour.  There's a school playground reasonably close to where Amanda lives, and I suggested that we could get a picture of the two of us on the swings.


So we detoured off of the main road to Amanda's place, walked to the playground, and then found that the playground didn't have swings.  We improvised and sat on a mini climbing wall for this photo.


The sun was getting lower in the sky, but it was still sunny and warm, and the lighting was great to attempt this photo.


...so of course I thoroughly messed up my first attempts.  For whatever reason, sitting down made the reach to my normal photo distance feel kind of weird.  I ended up with a half dozen photos of the side/back of my head with Amanda barely in the photo.


We looked through those photos, agreed they were horrible, and decided to try again.  I don't think either of us minded.  :-)


As a side note, I think our hair is interesting in this photo.  I've gotten annoyed with Amanda when she calls my hair black or nearly black, but I've finally figured out that it's probably the yellowish light from the washrooms in my life that makes my hair look more brown to me.


The angle of the photo also makes Amanda's hair look much shorter.  I really like Amanda's long hair and start pouting when she says that it's time for a haircut, but she looks pretty cute in this photo!  Maybe someday (a loooooong time from now) if Amanda cuts her hair to shoulder length, my head *won't* explode in horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment