Friday, March 30, 2012

Uncertainty Answered!

I wasn't sure what was going to happen this weekend.  Things have been busy at Amanda's job, and she had to work part of last Saturday, and thought she might have to work Saturday again.


So when we were talking at the end of last weekend, she talked about coming out to Tumbler Ridge, but not being sure if she had to work on Saturday or not.  So we decided that if she didn't work Saturday, she'd drive out to Tumbler Ridge on Friday night, and that if she did have to work Saturday, I'd drive out to Grande Prairie on Saturday night after work.


When I chatted with Amanda last night, she still wasn't sure what was happening on the weekend.  So we waited for today to find out.  I got home from work, had supper, and when I checked my phone at around 6:45, saw that Amanda had sent me a text message saying she was on her way!

I didn't expect that.  My place was a mess, I was low on a few crucial supplies (coffee cream and powdered iced tea), and I was thinking ahead to driving out to Grande Prairie tomorrow night.  So in a flash, I switched into "Panic-Cleanup-SuperJake Mode", did up my dishes, swept, cleaned up my living room, scrubbed my toilet, changed my sheets, and grabbed a few groceries.

But it's all done, my place looks reasonably decent, and Amanda is on her way.  Life is good.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment