Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Breakage

They say not to cry over spilt milk. Amanda and I follow that saying for the most part, though our will to do so has been tested over the past two evenings. Last night I was having a snack with a glass of milk before bed when Amanda came over. She kissed me, and I reached over to close my book so I could give her kiss the full attention it deserved. I realized my mistake when I heard the crash. I knocked my full glass of milk over onto the table, shattering the glass. I swore, Amanda said something to effect of "Oh, honey..." and we spent a half hour cleaning everything up.

Usually after breaking something made of glass, I think that I'll have quite a while before it happens again -- since I left home for university, I think I've averaged less than one broken thing made of glass per year.

But then tonight it happened again. Amanda had a bottle of nail polish slip from her hand and hit the edge of the candy dish sitting on the ottoman. A chunk of glass *flew* across the room and cracked against the baseboard heater. So we spent nearly a half hour again cleaning up, and vacuuming the floor between where the candy dish was, and where the chunk of glass flew to.

So the moral of the story is that this weekend, we're switching to plastic! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment