Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lorne Elliott

Amanda and I went to see Lorne Elliott's live show tonight, and it was amazing. My parents (particularly my dad) got me onto Lorne's stuff around the time they went to see him live a half-dozen years back, and I still laugh at some of his older songs like "The New National Anthem" and "We're Gonna Get Granny Plastered".

So when Amanda and I were at the live theatre a few weekends ago, I happened to see the ad for Lorne's then-upcoming show and got excited. I convinced Amanda to accompany me (aided by the hilarity of the above songs), and bought the tickets during my lunch break two weeks ago.

The show started at 7:30, ended at 10:00, and the wasn't a single bit of bad material the whole evening. Lorne even managed a joke about all the guitar tuning he had to perform mid-set. So to Lorne, thanks for the amazing show in Grande Prairie, and come back soon!

To everyone else, nyahhhhhhhhhh! I got to see Lorne Elliott live tonight and you didn't! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment