Sunday, March 24, 2013

What's in a Name?

Amanda and I Skyped with my mom tonight and we spent some time discussing the names of our future children. One name that we discussed for a while was Mac.

I like it. I've never known a Mac, the name is short, and there aren't many possibilities for misspellings. The few characters I've read about (or played in video games) have been decent guys for the most part. Finally, the word play with the name would be incredible!

Our son would be named Mac Fehr (pronounced "fair"). Because of my small percentage of Scottish ancestry he could even be known as MacFehr! Furthermore, even better stuff would happen if he became a father someday. As Amanda noted, if he had a male child, the child would be a MacFehrson! :-D

I also noted one other thing about a future son of ours. If he had children at some point, he would become a Mac Daddy.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

But seriously -- Mac is an awesome name. We'll have to consider it if we have a son in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment