Sunday, March 31, 2013

The dream Home of 2013

Amanda and I checked out the Dream Home today. It was much more to my liking than last year's offering. For one thing, the builders actually showed some restraint in the placement of TVs for the most part.

Pros:
Mosquito-screened section of the back deck -- it would be awesome for everything from breakfast to evening knitting.
The master bedroom -- lots of room, awesome shower, separate closets for each of us (or separate closets for Amanda's clothes and her yarn ;-) )
The kitchen island -- tons of room to cook, lots of natural light.
The three TVs behind the wet bar downstairs -- I could pretend I was hosting Sportsdesk!
Though Amanda and I don't drink much, the wine cellar was neat, too.

Cons:
Incredibly high cupboards -- both Amanda and I are reasonably tall, but even I would need a multi-step stepstool to reach the high cupboards.
One of the bathtubs had its hardware installed at the wrong end -- getting into the tub involves an awkward step brushing up against the toilet.
The pantry design was lousy -- vertical separators between shelf sections should not have overlapping fronts that boxes will get caught on, and nobody I know would use the soup can dispenser that looks like it belongs in a grocery store.

WTF?:
Why is there a putting green inside the house?
Why do some of the tubs have glass walls that only cover 2/3 of the tub side?
Why are the microwave and oven door so close to the floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment