Tuesday, March 5, 2013

On Lack of Options

Amanda and I did our monthly large grocery trip tonight. It's 15% off Tuesday, so after some brief post-work running around, we headed right over to the grocery store. But we ran into some disappointment tonight. First off, we couldn't find any cinnamon-flavoured toothpaste. There are 700 varieties of mint (including smooth mint, refreshing mint, and extreme powermint), but we could not find any cinnamon. So we struck out on toothpaste and resolved to go elsewhere.

Next we visited the deodorant aisle. My brand, which I've been using since my previous favourite brand was discontinued three or four years ago was on clearance. Apparently Irish Spring antiperspirant, whose scent Amanda has come to associate with me, is either being discontinued or at the very least, not being carried by that grocery store anymore. It's really disappointing! They have a distinct product that isn't associated with ridiculous ads (Axe or Tag), or the Old Spice Guy (who Amanda and I both love, but whose deodorant I don't feel compelled to try), and I will really miss it. On the plus side, I was able to buy five of them at an extremely low price, so it'll be a while before I have to explore something new.

Finally, I like a particular brand of dental floss. It's called Ultra Floss, and I think it lives up to its name. It too, was not available.

At any rate, Amanda and I were able to do most of our shopping. It's just disappointing that the few things we're particular about are getting harder to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment