Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The City of Emeralds

Amanda took me to the movies tonight. We went to see Oz the Great and Powerful, and it was really good! The story was good and went by really quickly. I checked my watch at one point because I was curious how much of the movie was left. I thought we'd been watching for 30-45 minutes. I was wrong -- we were at the 90 minute mark.

The 3D effects were great, the characters were all really well done, and Amanda loved the Back to the Future reference. My only real complaint is that one or two scenes of the movie felt like Star Wars Episode III had been re-skinned with Wizard of Oz characters instead of Jedi or Sith. Those parts were still awesome, but it was clear the director was a fan of the Yoda-Palpatine battle.

Anyway, we both enjoyed it, and now it's time for bed. Good night, good readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment