Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby, it's Cold Outside


This was the final photo Amanda and I took together last weekend.  It was in the mid minus 20s (much warmer than it would be even a day later) when we walked out to her car before she left.  She started it up, we swept it off, and we took the time for a long kiss in the cold before she had to leave.

If she was still here a day later when it was -39, I think we would've had to kiss through our scarves if we tried for the same photo.


It's funny writing about saying goodbye to Amanda tonight because I'll be seeing her in less than 24 hours.  Provided the roads and weather cooperate (never a sure thing, but they're looking okay right now), I'll be driving to Grande Prairie tomorrow afternoon and we'll be saying hello again.  ...And that's enough to put a smile on my face tonight.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment