Monday, January 16, 2012

Tale of a Pink Hoodie

Amanda and I spent Christmas together this year.  Originally we had both planned to spend Christmas with our families as we normally do.  But when I was at her sister's for Thanksgiving with her family, her parents floated the idea of the two of them being out of town for Christmas.  I seized the moment, and said that my parents had told me I could invite Amanda home for Christmas.


So Amanda and I traveled to Williams Lake to spend Christmas with my family.  On Christmas morning, I opened up my gift from Amanda to find two things -- a copy of 1Q84, a really good book recently translated from its original Japanese, and a white Aeropostale hoodie.


I had a minor accident (sprayed pop out of my nose due to my brother doing something really funny while playing a board game) and got some Coke on one of the cuffs.  One trip through the laundry with a red tablecloth that had been washed over and over again for years and I had a pink hoodie!

It's still really comfy, fits me well, and the unintended dye job came out nice and even.  However, pink isn't really my colour, so in the near future, I will be going to get a replica of the hoodie in its original shade.  That said, I am going to hang onto the pink hoodie for two reasons.


1)  I finally have something pink to wear on anti-bullying day.


2)  Pink or not, it's still the hoodie that Amanda bought me for Christmas, and she still thinks it looks good on me.


...Now I just need to erase the nickname of "Strawberry Shortcake" I was given while wearing the hoodie on Boxing Day and I'll be all set!



No comments:

Post a Comment