Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Before and After

As you've seen, I've needed a haircut since Amanda and I started this blog.  Contrary to popular belief, I *have* been trying to get my hair cut.  In Grande Prairie around New Year's, Amanda and I both planned to get our hair cut.  But the day we were looking, we didn't have a lot of time, and every place we stopped had many people waiting.

I tried again last Saturday before Amanda arrived in Tumbler Ridge.  I walked out to the local barbershop (in the cold -- it was around -20 and very windy), and got there at 12:58pm.  Their 'open' sign was turned off, so I checked the hours on the sign to find... they close at 1pm on Saturdays.  :-(

So I went another week with hair that felt much too long.

Then when I was in Grande Prairie this wekend, Amanda and I discussed trying again.  So we stopped at Quick Clips, waited a few minutes, and I was able to have my hair trimmed to a much more manageable length.

But before my name was called for my turn, Amanda and I took a quick 'before' photo.  It was taken on January 22, 2012 inside of Quick Clips.  The waiting chairs we were sitting in led to an awkward angle for this photo, but the kiss was nice anyway.


The next photo was taken about twenty minutes later out in the parking lot, with my *much* shorter mane of hair.  Sunday was a beautiful day -- sunny and fairly warm, and it didn't take much convincing for either of us to share a kiss for the camera.



My drive home was interesting the next morning.  Even in my car with the heater on, my head was cold.  It was the first time I've had to wear my toque while driving in a really long time.  It always amazes me exactly how much cooler my head is when my hair is cut.


Before I wrap this up, I know I'm writing about my hair in this blog post, but doesn't Amanda's hair look amazing in that light?  Shining golden-reddish-brown, and incredibly beautiful.  So much for my hair being important.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. We've talked about it Amanda, but will you be writing a post for this blog at some point?

    I'm pretty sure the blog demands it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come up for the weekend, I'll get you to help me post to the blog. And take a few new photos of the famous kissing couple ;)

    ReplyDelete