Monday, July 30, 2012

Just a Lane Away

I've been dating Amanda over a year now, and we've only gone swimming together twice.  We never went swimming in Tumbler Ridge because I disliked hitting my legs on the bottom in the shallow end when doing a sidestroke, and have only gone in Grande Prairie once.


But we're hoping to change that.  We live less about ten minutes away from the Bear Creek pool (walking), and we're planning on getting down there once in a while.  That said, it's not going to happen tonight.  Amanda's leg got banged up at work today and I'm trying to phone someone in BC -- the time zone difference is less convenient in the evening from this side of the border.


Oh, before I wrap this up, I had a funny incident on Tuesday last week.  Before coming home from work, I stopped in at the Co-op to pick up a few things.  I was walking through the store when a man stopped me and asked where the rice was.  I looked at him and said "Um, I don't work here."  He apologized, then moved on.


When I got to the cash registers, I saw why he had been confused.  I was wearing a new dark blue, short sleeved, collared shirt and my GPPL nametag.  The cashiers (and other employees) of the Co-op?  They were wearing dark blue polo shirts with nametags.


So if I ever decided to change my career mid-day, apparently I could just walk over to the Co-op and start stacking shelves.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment