Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Timing is Everything

I've been counting down to myself for a few days now.  There are only 18 more days until I start my new job at the Grande Prairie Public Library.


In that time, I have to
  • play tour guide for my future-in-laws (Friday)
  • help my boss move (Saturday)
  • enjoy a final Sunday in Tumbler Ridge with Amanda (Sunday)
  • work (5 more days)
  • attend Amanda's niece's birthday party
  • drive south and visit family on a *very* brief vacation
  • pack up and move to Grande Prairie
  • list my condo
  • finish many other smaller tasks

It seems like a lot, especially considering I'm just moving to a new place three hours away, and my current place is not incredibly large.


So what's the plan?


Well, I'll play tour guide and mover the next few days.  I'll pack what I can so that Amanda can take it back to Grande Prairie with her when she leaves on Sunday.


Then I'll do my best to enjoy Sunday with Amanda to its fullest.  It'll be the last one we'll have here together.


After that, I'll pack what I can through the week so I can take it to Amanda's on the way to her niece's party.  We'll be heading on holidays after that, and then it'll be crunch time.  I think we'll probably have three frantic days of packing and driving before (hopefully) having Sunday entirely off to rest up before heading back to work.


It's going to be a busy few weeks, but they certainly shouldn't be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment