Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Composition Troubles, or The Need for a Cameraperson

Amanda and I need a cameraperson.  I came to that conclusion while reviewing the photos we took together this weekend in one location in particular.


For a while now I've wanted to get a photo of the two of us in front of town hall in Tumbler Ridge.  The building is iconic and will never be separate from Tumbler Ridge in my mind.


So on Sunday, Amanda and I went for a brief wander and ended up going by town hall.  We stopped for a photo, and I took a few attempts at it.  The first few ended up much like this photo:

They were set up great for showing town hall and you can clearly tell where we are.  But Amanda and I aren't framed very well.  In fact, when we looked at the photos on my camera, Amanda insisted that we try again to take a photo with the two of us more centered.  So we did:


This photo is much, much better for composition on the two of us, but town hall is hidden behind my head.  We could be in any town, in front of any building.


Now, if we'd had a third person to act as photographer, we could've gotten an amazing photo.  As it stands, the components are great, but neither attempt quite captured what I had hoped for.


That said, I *did* get to stand in front of town hall kissing Amanda for minutes on end while we took these photos, so I really did get what I hoped for!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment