Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Late Evenings

It's funny, but when Amanda and I are together, we usually call it a night earlier than when we're apart.  On weekends when I'm in Grande Prairie or she's in Tumbler Ridge, we're often in bed and asleep some time between 10 and 11.


On nights when we're both at home, that's not the case.  Neither of us can sleep in excessively on work days (6:45 for her, 7:15 for me), but that doesn't always play as important a role in our evenings as it should.  Most nights we're chatting online until at least 11.  Part of it is that we've fallen into the habit of chatting right before bed.  One day last week we chatted earlier (around 7:30 or 8ish, I believe) and finished chatting by 9, but it felt extremely weird going to bed that night without talking to Amanda immediately beforehand.


I think the other part of us chatting so late is just us not wanting to say goodbye.  While we're chatting, we're together, albeit in a very limited way.  As soon as the chat window closes though, we're back to reality where we live three hours away from each other, and shortly have to go to bed alone.


So if you are ever in the library in the morning and see me yawning, it's not from a late night movie marathon, or from me staying up until 3am playing a video game -- it's because I spent as much time as I could chatting with Amanda and being in denial, refusing to believe that I'd be sleeping alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment