Thursday, February 9, 2012

Scheduling

Most of the time my schedule matches up fairly well with Amanda's.  Because I have Sunday-Monday off every week (as well as alternate Saturdays), it means that if I go out to Grande Prairie for the weekend, I can stay all day Sunday and leave Monday morning when Amanda goes to work.


My short weekends don't work quite as well for Amanda visiting Tumbler Ridge.  On those weekends she has to choose between being in Tumbler Ridge all day Saturday while I work (which may be a nice day free from doing anything, but can also get boring), or coming out late Saturday afternoon, and staying in town less than 24 hours.


This weekend, I'm heading out to Grande Prairie.  As part of my master plan for Valentine's Day, I had hoped that Amanda would be able to come to Tumbler Ridge this weekend.  However, fate intervened 31 years ago and caused her sister to be born.  As a result, I'll be going to Grande Prairie after work tomorrow for the weekend.


My original plan was to take Tuesday and Wednesday off from work, have Amanda come out here for the weekend, and then surprise her after work on Valentine's Day by showing up in Grande Prairie with flowers and a reservation for supper.


I know the plan had a few issues.  First off, surprising someone who lives three hours away is always risky.  Second, showing up dressed up and spiffy, carrying flowers, and ready to take her for supper might not go over quite so well when she just got off work and was wanting some downtime and a shower.


On the other hand, I think it might've been a nice surprise...


*Sigh*  Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment