Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dangerous Walking



Tumbler Ridge has gradually becoming busier and busier since I moved back here in 2008.  The town is louder, busier, and quiet moments are harder to find.


...except on Sundays.


During our walk on Sunday, Amanda and I were crossing the street at a reasonably major residential intersection when we stopped and looked around.  Not a vehicle in sight.  So we decided to get a photo in the middle of the intersection.  We took our time taking the photo, and just after we finished and walked to the other sidewalk, a truck appeared in the distance.


I still really enjoy the quiet moments I can find here, especially when I can share them with Amanda.  Now all I have to do is have her out here on a Sunday morning in the summer so we can go for a walk at 6am.  I think that's pretty much the definition of quiet around here.


As an aside, I look pretty scruffy in the photos from last Sunday.  Amanda and I showered a little late and when I asked her if I should be Rugged Jake or Clean-Shaven Jake for the day, she chose the former.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment