Friday, April 27, 2012

Elton John Was Amazing

After Amanda returned home from work and showered, we drove to Mr. Mike's to meet up with her sister for supper before Elton John's concert.  To ease the parking issue, we decided to drop off her vehicle and drive together in mine.  So the three of us and one of our would-not-be camerawoman's friends piled into my small car and parked a few blocks away from the concert hall.

The line stretched quite a ways down the block and we had to wait.  It was chilly and drizzly, but Amanda and I kept everyone's spirits up by taking a photo!


Amanda was dressed in layers -- her t-shirt, hoodie, and the outer shell of my winter coat.  The barbed wire fence behind us is not a prison -- just the parking lot for the Telus building downtown.

Once we made it inside and found our seats (34th row on the floor), we decided to try for another photo while waiting for the concert to start.


...this is one of only two decent photos we took out of a dozen attempts there.  Either I was wholly in the frame and Amanda was hidden, or the entire photo was out of focus...

The concert started right on time at 8pm without any opening act.  We were fully expecting to have an opening act perform for an hour and only seeing Elton John for an hour.  ...We were *completely* wrong.  He performed for over two hours, and the concert was absolutely incredible!

Highlights:

  • Rocket Man (my mouth hurt afterward from smiling so big for so long)
  • Crocodile Rock
  • Songs from The Lion King for his encore
  • Lengthy piano riffs
Lowlights:
  • Far too many people with active cell phones
  • Too many people getting up and down in the middle of songs
Elton was incredible, he certainly knew how to put on a show, and it was an amazing evening all around!

Amanda, best Valentine's Day gift ever!  <3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for not mentioning the fact I looked homeless in your outer jacket -as kindly pointed out by my sister Aimee, and agreed to by my wonderful boyfriend. The fact you lent me the jacket, and she is preggers kept everyone out of harm's/Amandazilla's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I felt bad about that comment as soon as I said it and Aimee agreed to it. :-(

    That said, all I meant was that the homeless people I've seen generally wear something similar to what you were wearing -- a hoodie with its hood up and a badly fitting jacket over top.

    You still looked cute, honest!

    ReplyDelete