Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Morning Meltdown

A few weeks back Amanda had a key cut for her apartment door for me.  It's just for the interior door, not the exterior door to the building.  Her idea (and it was a good one) is that if I didn't want to leave for Tumbler Ridge at the same time she had to leave for work, that I could lock her apartment door on the way out, and the exterior door would lock itself.

So far I haven't used it for that purpose.  I leave when Amanda leaves because I really have no reason to stick around.  It's not that I don't like her apartment, but if she's not going to be there, I might as well just leave when she does and start the drive home to Tumbler Ridge.

With about three or four minutes before Amanda had to leave for work, I had to use the washroom briefly and ended up taking longer than I expected (my hair was a mess this morning -- Amanda's been telling me it's time for a haircut again soon, and she's right).  When I came out of the washroom, she was gone.

It was silly, but I panicked a little bit.  I rushed to grab my stuff and hoped that I was just a minute behind her and could catch her before she left.  I didn't want her to be late for work, but really wanted to say a proper goodbye to her.  So I rushed out her door and, while fumbling for my keys, saw her coming back into the building.

I was really relieved.

So we locked up her apartment, walked outside, and said goodbye properly with a long hug and kiss, and I left feeling much better than I would've without saying goodbye to Amanda.

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, my poor sweetheart. You know I'd at least say goodbye before leaving for the day. I really miss having you here, still feels weird to NOT have you here when I get back from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I figured you'd say goodbye to me, but I worried that the fan in the washroom drowned it out...

    I miss you too - my place feels very quiet. ...It's a good thing there are only 72 more hours or so until you're here! Yay!

    ReplyDelete