Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday, Good Times!

Hi everyone!

I missed posting last night because I was on the way to Grande Prairie.  I left immediately after work (8pm) and arrived here shortly after midnight Grande Prairie time.

Amanda and I thoroughly enjoyed our day today, though we really didn't do much.  After breakfast we did some running around which ended up taking *much* longer than expected.  We both added detours to our route, and mine included a run to Future Shop to play with the new iPads again.  ...I think we were there 20 minutes.  Amanda played around with some games, while I toyed around with Numbers to see if an iPad would work okay for me to keep track of my spending and such when I'm on the road.

I was really impressed.  I was having fun with the iPad, and could imagine all the awesome things I could do with one.  I considered for a *long* moment, then asked Amanda to get me out of there before I grabbed a salesperson to sell me an iPad.

She (very helpfully) reminded me that I've got a stove to buy, and we escaped.  It made for an awkward afternoon though.  After *not* spending ~$600, spending money on pretty much anything with a two figure price seemed really reasonable in comparison...

I managed to restrain myself to a $2.00 purchase -- a discount book from Coles about the final days of Bear Stearns.  I think that's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment