Sunday, April 15, 2012

Progress, or lack thereof...

My knitting isn't progressing very fast.  When I was under the gun before Christmas, I churned out three bulky ribbed scarves in a little over a month.  The scarf I'm working on now is made from the same yarn, done in the same style (though slightly wider), and I started just after Christmas.


...I'm not even halfway done.




The scarf is looking great, and I'm really excited about what the final product will be!  ...I'm just not as motivated as I should be to put my nose to the grindstone and plug away at it.


Part of the problem is that since I started working on this scarf, I've obtained all sorts of neat yarn.  Amanda bought me some at a yarn store in Prince George on our way back north after Christmas, and I've since ordered some from Knitpicks.  I've got about a dozen things I'd like to be working on, and instead of just starting on them and indulging my craving I think "Nah, I should probably continue working on my scarf if I do any knitting."


...but then I don't do any.  I may need Amanda to give me a pep talk (or a marine corps drill sargeant "motivational speech") to get me moving on my scarf again.  With any luck, it'll be done by next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment