Thursday, April 12, 2012

Loud Sigh

If you heard a loud sigh a half hour ago, it was probably me.  Amanda's not feeling too well, and I told her the exact same thing she told me when I was sick a while back.  I told her that unless she's feeling absolutely 100% perfect, that we should cancel our plans for her visiting Tumbler Ridge this weekend.


I'd much rather she was at home in bed recovering rather than driving three hours in each direction to see me.


Some of you reading this might ask "Why don't you drive out to Grande Prairie then, Jake?"


There are a few reasons.  First, I work Saturday this week.  I have gone out on my short weekends before, but by the time I drive out after work, we basically only have Sunday together.  It's still worth it to see Amanda (I *did* drive eight hours for our first date due to a washed out bridge, after all!), but the impetus to go isn't quite as strong.


Second, I don't really think Amanda wants to infect me with whatever's ailing her.  I'd like to be there to cheer her up, stock her up with sickday-related stuff (chicken soup, juice, ginger ale, etc.), and generally take care of her, but I think Amanda would feel really guilty if I ended up really sick next week as a result.


Finally, there's a bit of a financial reason.  I was in Grande Prairie last weekend, and will be out there for the next two (the first one is close to Amanda's birthday, and the second is just after the Elton John concert Amanda bought us tickets to as my Valentine's Day gift).  I love Amanda, and I want to see her, but driving out to Grande Prairie four weeks in a row isn't incredibly kind to my bank account balance...


So I'll miss Amanda this weekend, but her staying in Grande Prairie is probably the right decision.

...a few weeks back I had an idea for a sick day kit for her.  Now I *really* wish I'd finished it and given it to her.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment