Thursday, April 26, 2012

Technicalities and New Beginnings

Hi Everyone!

I made it to Grande Prairie around 10:30 last night and (unfortunately) had to wake Amanda up to let me into her building.  I encouraged her to go back to sleep while I put away my things, but instead we ended up talking while I did so.  I wasn't quite ready to sleep (it was only 9:30 Tumbler Ridge time, after all), but decided to join her in bed at least until she fell back asleep, and then get up and write a blog post on her Macbook.

...I woke up about a half hour ago at 3:30.  Why is this important other than me needing to go back to bed so I'll actually be awake to go to the Elton John concert tonight?

It broke my streak.

For the past three weeks or so, I haven't missed a day of writing on this blog.  Granted, there were a few days with extremely short posts, but on the whole I've been fairly consistent.

As far as the official record is concerned (and what my blog post dates are), the streak is broken.  But by posting now, at 4am, I'm hoping that the majority of our blog's readers will check for an update in the morning, and it won't seem like it has been.

Now, it's not one of Amanda and me kissing, but I do have a photo to post.
The great experiment has begun!  Amanda is teaching me how to knit socks, and that photo represents the first step towards a pair.

Anyway, I should return to bed.  Sir Elton won't appreciate it if I yawn my way through his concert later tonight.  I'll be back later with another post and (probably) the final photo Amanda and I took on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment