Saturday, May 5, 2012

Butterfly Wannabe


Amanda and I went for a hike to TR Point this afternoon.  We took many photos of us, but while we were stopped for lunch at the point, we saw a butterfly.


It flew over and landed on the ground near us.  We watched it for a while, and then it flew away -- just to return a few seconds later.  It repeated this process a few times until we finally understood.  The butterfly wasn't toying with us or losing its way or anything else.  The butterfly *knew* about our blog and wanted its fifteen minutes of fame.


So I obliged it.  I pulled out my phone, took a photo of it, commented that it'd be featured on our blog, and then the butterfly flew away.


Yes, it's a silly idea, but what else am I to assume?  That the butterfly had nothing better to do with its day than flap away from us just to return a few seconds later?

No comments:

Post a Comment