Friday, May 4, 2012

More Progress

Amanda should be reaching Tumbler Ridge in around 45 minutes, so I've got time for a quick blog post before I run my recycling out.

I've made some progress on my scarf.




In the last 2-3 weeks I've been working on my scarf a little more regularly, and it's getting closer and closer to being done.  At this point, I've basically finished three repetitions of the brown-white-red bands, with two more planned.  The problem?


It's kind of hard to see on this photo (my tablecloth is the world's greatest backdrop for a knitting photo), but the ball of yarn attached to the scarf is all I have left of the red yarn I'm using.  I *think* I have enough for another band of red, but that'll probably be it.


So what will I do?


Well, the next time I'm in Grande Prairie, I'll drag Amanda with me to Michaels to see if there's any chance they have another skein of the same yarn with the same dye lot as the red yarn I'm already using.  If they do, things will be simple, and I'll keep knitting away.


If not, I'll have to get more creative.  I could just make a shorter scarf, but when I started working on this scarf I planned it to be fairly lengthy (more than long enough to wrap around my neck twice with lots to hang down in the front and back).  I could get creative with the length of the tassels on the end, but that would probably lead to many hours spent untangling them.


Finally, I assume I could probably undo the row I cast on with and extend the scarf from both ends with either a different colour or with more of the brown yarn.


The decision-making point is still a little while away, but I should start thinking about it now.


Anyway, I'm off to take out my recycling before Amanda arrives.  Hopefully we'll be taking some great photos tomorrow and you'll be spared any more excessively wordy blog posts.


Thanks folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment