Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Disappointment

Well folks, we missed an opportunity for a legendary crossover.  My brother and his girlfriend had hoped to come up to Tumbler Ridge over the long weekend to go camping and see Amanda and me.


Unfortunately, Amanda and I had already been making plans to drive to Edmonton on the Victoria Day weekend.  My brother and I talked last night briefly, Amanda and I talked after that, and then my brother called me again tonight.  We talked for a while, and the end result is that Amanda and I will be going to Edmonton, and my brother and his girlfriend will be going another direction for their vacation.


It's really disappointing, as I only get to see my brother a few times a year.  However, it's not very easy for Amanda and I to go to Edmonton on a normal weekend and we have been talking about this particular weekend for a little while.  When I talked with my brother, he also commented that perhaps it was for the best, as the weather up here is still fairly cold (it snowed today).


So how was this a missed opportunity?  Well, a while back my brother's girlfriend posted a photo of the two of them pouting side by side on Facebook and wrote a caption that said "The Pouting Couple of Kamloops."  Amanda and I *loved* it, and thought it was hilarious.


So we've missed out on the chance to get a single photo containing the Kissing Couple of Grande Prairie and the Pouting Couple of Kamloops together.


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment