Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Camping we will go....


It's official!  Amanda and I survived our first camping trip together!  We drove out on Saturday morning after some last-minute shopping (I'd forgotten to pack a pair of shorts to wear if the weather was nice), and went camping with friends and family.

We did most of the usual camping stuff -- cooked over a campfire, played some games (Quiddler, in our case), and made smores (I discovered that if you flatten out a not-super-fresh marshmallow, it serves as a good surface on your cooking fork to melt a square of chocolate on top of).

We rounded out the trip by spending a few hours near the lake's edge, playing with Amanda's niece and her friends, and playing frisbee with each other.

Amanda and I took this photo together when we were taking a break from all of that.  Amanda's hat is a Winter Olympics 2010 cap, while mine is an Unshelved Library hat I received for participating in a library simulation at a conference last year.  My role?  Acting as a person with a technical issue.  As loud and as horrified as I could, I yelled "FACEBOOK IS DOWN!" and started sobbing.  ...everyone loved it!

Recollections of conferences aside, Amanda and I had lots of fun with each other and everyone else this weekend, and we took a handful of photos I'll be uploading over the course of the week.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment