Monday, June 18, 2012

Time Zones...

Time zones are sometimes the bane of my dating existence.  When Daylight Savings Time is in effect (though not here - my area doesn't change time), Amanda is an hour ahead of me.  It comes in handy when either of us is driving from Grande Prairie to Tumbler Ridge, but works less well in other circumstances.


Take tonight for instance.  I was at a meeting late and didn't return home until 10:20.  That's already well past the normal time Amanda and I stop chatting so that she can get some sleep.  I sent her a quick text saying that I survived the meeting with a note that I hoped she was sleeping soundly and didn't wake up to her phone's whistle.


She was still awake, and we talked for a little while.  I felt bad though, because even though it's still (relatively) early for me, we've already cut into her sleep.


On a daily basis, we normally start talking around 8:30 my time.  We've discussed trying to talk earlier, but when I get off from work at 6, make supper, and go for a walk or do other exercise, 8:30 arrives fairly quickly as it is.


So what's the solution?  I think I've come up with it.  Abolish time zones.  ...That, or Amanda and I could just move so we're living in the same time zone.  Yeah.  That might be a little bit easier.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment