Monday, June 11, 2012

The Long Drive Home

Monday morning is one of my least favourite times of the week.  On weekends when Amanda is in Tumbler Ridge, she's been gone ~18 hours by the time I wake up on Monday morning, and I'm very aware of how long it is until I see her again.


Those Mondays, however, pale in comparison to Monday mornings when I'm in Grande Prairie.  Those are lousy, especially considering how good they start!  I always sleep good at Amanda's on Sunday night, and waking up next to her always puts a smile on my face.  But things go downhill from there.    All too soon, we're both outside by our cars saying goodbye for another week.


This morning the sun was shining and the sky was clear.  I followed Amanda's car out of her parking lot, down the road, and along the highway until a stoplight where she had to get ready to turn left and I had to continue straight.


Then for the next three hours I had four Eurodance style songs playing over and over again on my iPod through my car's stereo while I drove home to Tumbler Ridge while thinking about the weekend and other stuff.  I got home, texted Amanda to let her know I'd made it okay,

...and started thinking about the wait until Friday night when I'll see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment